STC – Data
- Type of Aircraft: Scout ( 8GCBC )
- LBA STC: (issued March 14, 2002)
FAA STC: SA02290CH
by Flight Resource LLC
- Applicable Aircraft: ACA Scout ( 8GCBC )
- Engines: Lyc. (I)O-360/390
- Propeller: MTV-9-B/[198-200]-52
- Advantages: (compared to standard 76″ metal Propeller on 180HP)
- Approx. 10 lbs less weight than the original propeller.
- Increased static thrust by 17%.
- Shorter take-off distance by 218 feet.
- Improved rate of climb performance by 20%.
- Increased cruise performance.
- No restricted propeller rpm ranges.
- Turbine-like smooth, vibration free operations.
- Bonded on stainless steel leading edge for best
erosion protection of the blades.
- Reduced Noise and Unlimited blade and hub life.
- Reduced risk of engine damage resulting from prop strikes.
ACA Scout ( 8GCBC )
FAA STC #: SA02290CH
Aircraft TCDS #: A21CE
Propeller TCDS #: P24NE
Engines: Lyc. (I)O-360/390
Includes approval for
use on floats and
NO RPM Restrictions
3-Blade STC Kit Contents
3-Blade Constant Speed Composite Propeller MTV-9-B/[198-200]-52
Kevlar Spinner Assembly P-208-4
Airplane Flight Manual Supplement Doc. No. FR1112-7
Installation Instruction Doc. No. FR1112-3
Instruction for Continued Airworthiness Doc. No. FR1112-8
Operation and Installation Manual ATA 61-01-24 (E-124)
Full Propeller Designation MTV-9-B/[198-200]-52
Propeller Hub SAE #2 ‘B’ Flange
Hub milled from single-piece aluminum billet
Blades -52 Series. Scimitar design.
Light-weight Composite construction
w/ Integrated Stainless Steel Leading Edge
Installed Propeller & Spinner Weight 54 lbs
Maximum Diameter 78.7 in. (200cm)
Minimum Diameter 76.0 in. (193cm)
TBO (whichever occurs first) 2400 hrs / 72 month
HiGloÒ Chrome Look Finish to spinner dome
All existing Hartzell propellers
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.